Cast Readiness Test (CRT)
Integrating Chromecast built-in into a product requires the Cast Readiness Tests (CRT). SoundCertificate is officially accredited to perform official CRT tests. The following procedures are required when integrating Chromecast built-in for audio into a product:
- CRT self test
- CRT certification test at an accredited lab.
Self certification may also be out-sourced to SoundCertificate.
CRT certification steps
- Apply for a certification run ahead of time
- A test run is scheduled
- Provide samples to SoundCertificate on time
- Provide Google with CRT self test reports (alternatively, SoundCertificate can also provide self tests)
- SoundCertificate provides feedback within three weeks
If any issues occurr, a re-test needs to be scheduled.
Applying for a certification run
Send your filled in application form and any questions to:
The application form and other documents relevant to the certification process can be found here: Downloads
About Chromecast built-in
"Chromecast built-in speakers let you instantly stream your favorite music, radio, or podcasts from your mobile device to your speakers."
For more information visit https://www.google.com/chromecast/built-in/audio/.
Information for system integrators and brands can be found on https://sites.google.com/a/google.com/cast-hw/Home/C4A (restricted access).